Hum Dekhain Ge....

Below is a translation of Hum Dekhain Ge (of Faiz Sahab) done by me. Just when I don't consider poetry to be serious business, I felt like translating this one. I just like the resonance and power of the message and find it inspiring. So it is kind of a tribute from myself to the thought, philosophy and message of hope and struggle and to the man who wrote it. And this is not pro and neither am I. I kind of suck at linguistics:)
For your eyes:

We will witness – We will witness
It’s a must that we will witness
The Promised Day!!!!
The one written on the Preserved Scriptorium
We will witness

When the heavy mountains of injustice blow like the cotton fibers
And the earth shakes with the might of steps of us the conquered
And thunderbolts shake the foundations of them the rulers
We will witness

When all the idols are removed from the Land of God
We the innocents and the rejected become power
All crowns juggled
And all thrones made fall
We will witness

There will be no supreme but Lord God
Who is hidden yet omni-present
Who is the scene and the beholder
Mortal will realize there is no Truth but He
Mortal that is thee and me
And will rule the masses
Masses that is thee and me
We will witness
It is a must
The day that is promised

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kissa sote jagte ka

An Enigma called Imran Khan

Bahar Aai (It’s Spring) – Translation of a Poem by Faiz Ahmad Faiz